Our New Safety Measures
Making Portobello Hotel a Safe Haven
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotels very soon. We have been working hard behind the scenes to make sure we are ready for a safe reopening for both our team and guests. We have reviewed and adjusted our operating processes in every department, both front and back of house, to ensure we follow all government guidelines. This will inevitably affect some of the services and personal interactions which we have prided ourselves on in the past, and whilst this may limit some of the things we have previously done, we are certain that both our guests and team will agree that safety comes first.
- Please download our new Curious App which will allow you to check in and interact throughout their stay, via mobile devices and laptops.
- To allow the rooms to breathe in between departures and arrivals, all check in will be from 4pm and all check out's by 11am.
- We are asking everyone to observe 1m social distancing at all times.
- Guests may be asked to provide us with some additional information to expedite check-in, which will be done prior to arrival via the Curious App.
- We want to keep in touch face to face without the use of masks when checking guests in. To enable us to do this, we would like to contact all our guests 24 hours before arrival to talk you through the Curious
- On arrival, guests may be asked several health check questions. If you become ill during your stay or show symptoms we ask you to remain in your room and contact reception immediately.
- We have enhanced your in-room experience with digital magazines, newspapers, audiobooks and games - which will be available free of charge via the new Curious App.
- We have removed some furniture to ensure social distancing rules can be observed and we kindly ask that guests do not move them around.
- Ample masks, gloves and disinfectant gel are available to both our team and guests.
- Our usual level of hospitality will sadly be reduced somewhat, even down to holding doors open for you and carrying your luggage – if you would like us to carry luggage please just ask, however we can only bring it as far as your room door.
- Continental breakfast will be served to your room, this can be ordered with reception the day before, and we will deliver to your door.
- Should you fall ill during your stay we have dedicated rooms to isolate you in whilst you arrange alternative arrangements.
Ultimately the situation and official advice changes daily and we will continue to adapt our procedures accordingly. We remain committed to ensuring that our team stay safe, whilst our guests enjoy a wonderfully Curious experience during these unfamiliar times.
We look forward to welcoming you soon.
The Curious Team