Our New Safety Measures
Making Portobello Hotel a Safe Haven
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotels very soon. We have been working hard behind the scenes to make sure we are ready for a safe reopening for both our team and guests. We have reviewed and adjusted our operating processes in every department, both front and back of house, to ensure we follow all government guidelines. This will inevitably affect some of the services and personal interactions which we have prided ourselves on in the past, and whilst this may limit some of the things we have previously done, we are certain that both our guests and team will agree that safety comes first.
- We have been working on a new Curious App which will allow our guests to check in and interact throughout their stay, via mobile devices and laptops.
- To allow the rooms to breathe in between departures and arrivals, all check in will be from 4pm and all check out's by 11am.
- We are asking everyone to observe 1m social distancing at all times.
- Guests may be asked to provide us with some additional information to expedite check-in, which will be done prior to arrival via the Curious App.
- We want to keep in touch face to face without the use of masks when checking guests in. To enable us to do this, we would like to contact all our guests 24 hours before arrival to talk you through the Curious App.
- We are working towards developing our room key system to be operated by your own phones this may not be available until the end of July but we will keep you updated.
- On arrival, guests may be asked several health check questions. If you become ill during your stay or show symptoms we ask you to remain in your room and contact reception immediately.
- We have removed many high contact items from the bedrooms such as bath robes, slippers and amenity boxes; however we still want you to be able to enjoy these items so they will be available free of charge via our request page on our new Curious App.
- Although we have had to take magazines out of your rooms and all public spaces, we have enhanced your in-room experience with digital magazines, newspapers, audiobooks and games - which will be available free of charge via the new Curious App.
- All our staff members have been provided with masks, and protective screens have been installed on our reception desks and bar.
- We have removed some furniture to ensure social distancing rules can be observed and we kindly ask that guests do not move them around.
- Ample masks, gloves and disinfectant gel are available to both our team and guests.
- There will be a free safety box in your room on arrival with a mask and gloves, which you may use them whilst staying with us.
- There will be additional notices around the hotel reminding everyone to keep safe whilst staying with us.
- Our usual level of hospitality will sadly be reduced somewhat, even down to holding doors open for you and carrying your luggage – if you would like us to carry luggage please just ask, however we can only bring it as far as your room door.
- For the safety of our staff, we will not be servicing the rooms during your stay, unless requested to do so, and we will not operate a turndown service either.
- Continental breakfast will be served to your room, this can be ordered via the Curious App and we will deliver to your door.
- We have removed all minibar items but these will be available to order from our Curious App.
- Our Food & Drink offering will also be limited but once again all food can be ordered via our Curious App.
- We have also removed telephones out of rooms, but you will be able to interact with us via our Curious App 24-7.
- Should you fall ill during your stay we have dedicated rooms to isolate you in whilst you arrange alternative arrangements. We will be charging this at - £100/100€ per night and will include breakfast, lunch and dinner whilst you can arrange alternative arrangements.
- Housekeeping has been divided into two teams, one team that comes in and removes used linen and items that have been touched by guests - this team will also disinfect and thoroughly clean the room. The other team will work separately from the first and will bring in new linen, amenities and will prepare the room for arrival.
Ultimately the situation and official advice changes daily and we will continue to adapt our procedures accordingly. We remain committed to ensuring that our team stay safe, whilst our guests enjoy a wonderfully Curious experience during these unfamiliar times.
We look forward to welcoming you soon.
The Curious Team